The Portsmouth Dreadnoughts Charity Day 2017 will be taking place on Sunday 13th August and is in support of Families of Ocean Ward. Come join us a Havant Rugby Club as we take on the Hertfordshire Cheetahs in what will be a brilliant day out. Food will be available, as well as a cash bar, prize raffle, bouncy castle and more!
The Dreadnoughts Secretary, Jo Samonig, was diagnosed with a failing Aortic Valve after a long illness. She spent two weeks in Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, before being transferred to Southampton General where she underwent open heart surgery to replace her valve with a mechanical valve. She has taken over a year to recover, and now feels like a new person. As per tradition, the Dreadnoughts wanted to support a charity close to one of our own and this year is no different – Jo has therefore nominated the Families of Ocean Ward Charity, the specialist charity set up to assist children with cardiac diseases.
Families of Ocean Ward is a registered Charity (1145013) formed by volunteer parents of children with cardiac disease who rely on the services provided by Ocean Ward and it’s team of specialist and dedicated staff. They have strong links with the ward with a representative from Ocean Ward involved in strategic planning and decision making . This enables them to stay abreast of the day to day needs of families being cared for on Ocean Ward. They provide services and days out to families of children with heart conditions treated on Ocean Ward, Southampton GH.
There will be a prize raffle on the day, and you can buy raffle tickets by donating at the following Just Giving link, and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details should you win: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/portsmouthdreadnoughtscharityday2017
The charity’s website can be found here: http://www.oceanward.co.uk
Prizes in the raffle include:
- Portsmouth FC 2017 season shirt signed by the First Team squad
- High Tea for two at Lily and Lime, Gunwharf Quays
- “Trouble at Zero Hour” – book by Dreadnought’s own Robert Lofthouse. This prize also includes you being named as a character in Rob’s next book “The North Tower”
- Two tickets to opening night at the 2017 Pantomime at the King’s Theatre
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) DVD
- 1 month free membership for two at Nuffield Gym Portsmouth, including Health MOT, Classes, Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, etc
- Bespoke painting from Tanzanite Butterfly Art (worth £30.00) – https://www,etsy.com/uk/shop/TanzaniteButterfly?ref=hdr_shop_menu
- Candlestick and £5.00 voucher from Snug and Style – https://www,etsy.com/uk/shop/SnugandStyle?ref=hdr_shop_menu
- 5 x free game vouchers from Hollywood Bowl, Portsmouth
- £30 + £20 vouchers from Capkandi New Era caps
- Picnic from Carluccio’s worth £40
- Ticket to Birdworld
- Ticket for Four for Zombie Encounters, Portsmouth
- …..and more to be confirmed!